Your bathroom should ideally be a place of relaxation and cleanliness, it doesn’t have to be just be an empty literal wasteland where you conduct your business, salute the room the in thanks and promptly leave. No matter the size of your bathroom, there are changes you can make to add a sense of space or fill up the space so it isn’t bare. From small bathroom improvements in decor to appliance replacements, there is a range that can fit anyone’s budget! The bathroom is a place where you start and end your days, have it begin and end on a good note with a bathroom remodel and design that fits both your tastes and budget.
Bathroom Renovations vs Bathroom Remodel
Remodeling is when you are changing the structure, appearance, form or function of an area or thing. The layout and design of the room is therefore improved upon.
Renovations involve updating, repairing or restoring already existing structures into a new state.
How much will it cost to remodel my bathroom?
The costs of remodels vary depending on the extent of remodels you choose to undergo. The average cost of a bathroom remodel is $10,265! However, as long as you have a bathroom remodel budget, you can get the changes you want by taking into factor that there are a variety of different quality and pricing options for a number of your interest that can rival even the high end versions!
Bathroom Remodel Ideas
If you have a mid to large budget, consider these ideas:
- Shower and Tub Replacement: Changing the bathtub to an option that has advanced settings or more room can instantly give you a sense of class and provide you with comfort in movement. If you have a smaller space, there are different ways tubs are designed that can provide you with more ease without sacrificing space.
- Toilet or Bidet: believe it or not, bathrooms have a plethora of toilet upgrade options, you can have comfort vs standard height for example and some even light up! Bidet can even have music!
- Flooring: there are many types of flooring out there but it’s important to keep in mind that certain flooring materials don’t go well with humidity or moisture. Consider choices like porcelain, vinyl or ceramic tiles to add texture to the room while also being waterproof.
- Countertop: from natural stones such as marble or soapstone to crushed glass or quartz, a new countertop can pull on earthy elements in your bathroom design.
- Sink: from vessel sinks that come with freestanding bowls to wall mounted sinks that can fit into tight spaces, water flow never looked so good!
- Skylight Installation: bathroom skylights can negate the feeling of enclosure often associated with bathrooms. It will allow for a look into the sky and provide a glow of natural light that can give the room a fresher look.
- Switch out cabinets/doors: believe it or not, but these changes are relatively cheap at under $100 and are great pops of design.
What is the cheapest way to remodel a bathroom?
Small bathroom remodels are more often than not what is called for instead of huge fixes. Small changes can greatly improve the look and feel of the room much more than you were initially anticipating.
- Change or add handles or towel racks: these nicely embellish your space and add a sense of elegance and modernity.
- Paint: you can have an accent wall, add a backsplash, paint or gloss the cabinets and doors instead of switching them out!
- Upgrade lighting: there are many lighting options out there. Some are as simple as changing the bulb to energy efficient ones, you can even choose warm or cool colors to change the ambiance.If you prefer, adding a fixture such as sconces can match different themes (such as nautical, art deco or crystal.)
- Organization: develop a theme for your soap dispenser, vanity trays or other organizational bathroom tool holders to create a streamlined look.
- Decor: The options are endless! Add a rug, potpourri, succulents, glass jar of marble or sand, picture frames or themed shower curtains and towels to embellish your space.
- Upgrading the shower head: this change provides comfort can improve the look of your shower, there are a variety of settings from mist, message, rain and more!
- Mirror framing: adding a mirror frame has a grounding affect to your vanity or sink area and ties the room in together nicely.
Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t have to cost too much as long as you have a budget and choose fixes that are essential to the flow of the space! With these bathroom improvements, you’re bathroom will have a new sense of style, ambiance and aesthetic that will welcome you into the room!
For bathroom remodels in the St Louis, MO area call 314-348-7503 with Flow King Rooter!